Metallica will headline Download Festival
Metallica announced that they will headline the 10th Download Festival at Donington Park on Saturday 9 June 2012, with an exclusive UK performance of their best selling, No. 1 album Metallica, more commonly known simply as ‘The Black Album’.
Co-founder and drummer Lars Ulrich says ‘Six years is way toooo long to be away from the hallowed grounds of Donington Park. We are beyond psyched and feel privileged to come back once again to soak up the energy and vibe of the most legendary of festival sites.’
The multi million selling, Grammy award winning act will visit Donington for the 8th time in their career, having played both Monsters of Rock and Download Festivals ‘ including their first Monsters of Rock festival in 1985 up through their most recent Download appearance in 2006, where they headlined.
“The Black Album” was #1 in over 25 countries and spawned an incredible five hits: ‘Enter Sandman’, ‘Sad But True’, ‘Wherever I May Roam’, ‘Nothing Else Matters’ and ‘The Unforgiven’. The album has sold over 25 million copies worldwide. Metallica is one of the most successful acts in music history, selling over 100 million albums.
Download 2012 takes place at Donington Park from 8-10 June and this year celebrates its 10th anniversary. Weekend with camping tickets go on sale 9am Friday 18 November from www.downloadfestival.co.uk
- Black Sabbath reunite for new album and tour (muzicmagazine.com)
- Metallica rocks out Melbourne
- Black Sabbath to still perform at Download Festival
- Metallica plan to record with producer Rick Rubin
- Lars Ulrich and his Metallica bandmates vs Napster
- Metallica turns 30!
- Four previously unreleased Metallica songs now on EP for 1 week on iTunes
- Lars Ulrich drum lesson up for auction
- Metallica new 3D film to debut on IMAX